Konga Verified Blogger

Thursday 5 February 2015

Since I won NNSM, I rarely go for castings, I get booked_ NNSM 2014 winner Queen.

  Good afternoon fabfairies, it is a hot afternoon in the city of Lagos. How is your day going?? Today I am going to be interviewing the Queen herself winner Nigeria's Next Super Model 2014 Queen Onyeka Onyemaechi. The first time I saw her at a casting, I noticed her face, she has a very unique face, I fell in love with it. When I heard she is the latest winner of Nigeria's Next Super Model, I knew the sky is just the starting point for her and her career. Ladies and gentlemen, presenting.......


Fabfairies
What are your names??
Onyemaechi:
Queen Onyeka Onyemaechi




Fabfairies
Give us a brief description about yourself
Onyemaechi:
Am queen Onyeka Onyemaechi. I'm the last child of nine. I am from delta state. I attended ajangbadi high school. I left when I was in  S.S 2 to complete my studies in a private school in satellite town. I love fashion. I also have a thing for music. I love hanging out with friends.

Fabfairies:
How did modelling start??
Onyemaechi:
Modelling started for me professionally in 2011. A friend of my brother won elite model look 2012. My brother also went for arise fashion week and was picked. Then i said to myself, if this two people can do it then i can do better. He started teaching me how to walk, I  started working out to keep fit. In 2013, he found out about Nigeria's next super model. The day he found out was the day the casting was to hold. He called me and told me 2 start coming for d casting, i got ready and told my mum about it. She refused to let me go, she said i should stay back home and babysit my nephew. I was so angry, I cried the whole day and i was like is it that she does not want me to be somebody. Then she called me and told me God's time is the best. She asked me to wait till next year. But to the  glory of God, here i am, the winner of Nigeria's Next Super Model 2014. That was how it started for me.



Fabfairies:
When you entered for Nigeria's Next Super Model, did you have any doubt or fears??
Onyemaechi:
No, I already knew i was going to be picked, because i placed myself in God's hands before going.

Fabfairies:
When you finally got picked, did you face any challenge in the boot camp??
Onyemaechi:
Yes, a lot, especially from the girls. There was no bootcamp. I was fought by some of the girls, I was laughed at, was made fun of, I even  had an accident when  going for the final casting. Lots of them,  but i believe every thing happened for a reason.

Fabfairies
Who was your greatest threat amongst the contestants??
Onyemaechi
I think I'll just keep that to myself. I was not threatened, i took it as a normal thing. Getting to the top is not an easy task, you have too face so many challenges.

Fabfairies
Before nnsm, how was modelling like??
Onyemaechi
Before nnsm, Modelling was tough. I realised that you have to belong to one of d two biggest agencies in Nigeria, before you can  get picked in a casting.

Fabfairies
How has modelling been after you won nnsm
Onyemaechi
Modelling has bin amazing, done some  shows. I don't get to go for every casting, I get booked for shows. I am  going to be  travelling a lot this year. It has been fab....thanks to God

Fabfairies
Have you at any point in your modelling career given up or thought of giving up?
Onyemaechi
No i have always believed in God doing it for me, never had any negative energy.

Fabfairies:
What are/is your best moment(s)
Onyemaechi:
Emerging winner of Nigeria's next super model Season 8

Fabfairies:
Your worst or embarrassing moments
Onyemaechi:
I don't keep such moments to myself. I just let go. So i have none.

Fabfairies :
Do you go through any beauty or health regime to keep fit. Do you diet or workout??
Onyemaechi:
Yes, I  jog morning and night.

Fabfairies:
What are your plans for the future??
Onyemaechi:
Is to work really hard, and pave way for aspiring models. I am working on been a blessing to people.

Fabfairies
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years
Onyemaechi:
I see myself as an established personality in d industry

Fabfairies
If you have the chance, what is the one thing you will love to change in this industry??
Onyemaechi:
 payment.... i think models should be well paid and paid on time. This is because without us the fashion industry is nothing.

Fabfairies
What is your advice to aspiring models??
Onyeamaechi
Believe in God. work hard and pray always. You have  to be ready to be looked down on,get mocked at laughed at ,turned down. You just have to keep believing, be strong because the road to sucess is a rough path nd narrow. You just have to fight u way there.

Fabfairies
Thank you very much
Onyeamaechi
You are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment