Konga Verified Blogger

Sunday 22 February 2015

At a point, i felt like quitting _ Best Model Nigeria winner

Hello Fabfairies, how has your week been? 
Today's interview is going to be with the winner of Best Model Nigeria 2014 (male catergory) Ikpa Chisom Elvis. So read and have fun.


Fabfairies: Good afternoon, please  what are your  names??
Chisom Elvis: Ikpa Chisom Elvis

Fabfairies : How was growing up like?
Chisom Elvis: Life growing up was not easy, especially getting to grow up without my parents. But to God be the glory so far it has been good.

Fabfairies : How did modelling start for you??
Chisom Elvis: Right from time I've had passion for fashion, looking good has always been my culture. Where I was working, some of my colleagues were encouraging me to go for modelling because I had a good height and physique. Basketball was also an option for me because of my height but I grew up to like football so it was difficult for me to switch. I started by registering with my first ever agency (Cynosure Magazine and Models) and I also did my first fashion show with them (Glitz on the runway) after being trained on catwalk and how to use the runway stage.

Fabfairies : What were challenges you faced as an upcoming model??
Chisom Elvis: Well the major challenges were scammers, Registering with some agents, doing photoshoots with them and jobs were not forthcoming, at a point it became frustrating, but I refused to quit because it was what I loved doing and I also got some people discouraging me and telling me it wasn't a good business


Fabfairies : Before Best Model Nigeria, what was modelling like??
Chisom Elvis: Before best model Nigeria, modelling was fair, I did Mr Nigeria in 2014 which was my first ever pageant and I emerged top 10. I was doing more of TV commercials then. I didn't feel discouraged because I did not win Mr Nigeria. I felt I had potentials and was ready to make a name and succeed in what I was doing.

Fabfairies : How did you enter for the Best Model Nigeria competition
Chisom Elvis: I got to hear about best model Nigeria from my Brother Victor Ekeleme. Initially I didn't wanna take it serious until I read about it online and picked interest.



Fabfairies: What were the challenges you faced when you entered for the competition?
Chisom Elvis: Well I didn't really face any challenge, I knew I was equal to the task, with God on my side I knew I would conquer.

Fabfairies: How was the world finals?
Chisom Elvis: Best model of the world In Istanbul, Turkey was fun. At the grand finale what happened wasn't what I was expecting, but it was fun anyway. All thanks to God.

Fabfairies : After you won Best Model Nigeria, how has modelling been for you?
Chisom Elvis: Well modelling for me  has improved. Best model Nigeria really boosted my profile and made me a better person, all thanks to God and thanks to Modelslink international for that wonderful opportunity.

Fabfairies : What routines do you go through to keep fit??
Chisom Elvis: I jog, do pushups and sit-ups. I also watch what I eat because I can't afford to loose my abs, it is  my selling point.


Fabfairies: Was there any point in your modelling career when you thought of giving up??
Chisom Elvis: Yea.....after glizt on the runway, it took me couple of months to start getting modelling jobs. At a point I felt like quitting, but it was wat I loved doing so I had to keep my head up and try harder.

Fabfairies: What kept you going??
Chisom Elvis: Well.....What kept me going is The grace of God and motivation from my mom and loved ones

Fabfairies: Do you have any regrets??
Chisom Elvis: No, I have no regrets whatsoever. I love the boy I left behind and the man that am becoming.

Fabfairies: If you have the opportunity to change one thing in the modelling industry, what would that be?
Chisom Elvis: I'll make it compulsory that all modelling agencies must be legally registered so as to reduce the rate of scammers and also improve the lifestyle and well being of Models.

Fabfairies: What do you feel about nudes??
Chisom Elvis: I will like to keep that to myself.

Fabfairies : Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years
Chisom Elvis: International modelling has always been my dream.....New York, London, Milan, Paris.....Then also to own an agency to promote upcoming models and make their dreams a reality.

Fabfairies: What's your advice to upcoming models out there??
Chisom Elvis: My advice is this, don't just go into modelling because people are telling you to. You must have the passion and drive to succeed....I believe that if anybody is doing anything and the person is good at it that person will surely succeed.
My vote of thanks to God, Modelslink international, my friends, family and fans, love you all

Fabfairies: Thank you for your time
Chisom Elvis: You welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment