Konga Verified Blogger

Thursday 5 March 2015

Before Best Model Nigeria, I never thought of being a model_Myever Akinleye, Best Model Nigeria winner

Fabfairies : So what is your full name??
Myever: Akinleye Myever jadesola


Fabfairies: How was growing up like??
Myever : It was fun. I'm the only girl of 3 boys so I always get what I wanted. I went to several schools, but I finished from Alpha college at ikotun. While growing up, I never pictured myself to be a model, but then I had all it takes because I have always been skinny  right from time.

Fabfairies : How did your journey into modelling begin??
Myever : I was scouted by Beth models' former manager mrs yemi in 2013, but before then, my sister in law would show me pictures of models and would then ask me to pose like that. We usually have mini photo shoots using her phone.

Fabfairies: After you were scouted??
Myever : I got signed with the agency that is Beth, then I participated in Elite model look Nigeria 2013 and I emerged as the 2nd runner up.


Fabfairies: What made you enter for the competition??
Myever : It was that competition that made Mrs yemi scout me

Fabfairies : Before Beth and Elite, what was modelling like??
Myever: I was not a model before Beth and elite, they brought me to the modelling world.

Fabfairies: So how did you enter for the Elite model look competition??
Myever: I was scouted by the same mrs yemi for both Beth and elite

Fabfairies: Before elite since you were not a model, did you nurse any passion of becoming one?
Myever : Nope I didn't
Fabfairies: Do people tell you to try modelling out??
Myever : Yes, people do cos I'm tall and skinny with a pretty face, so everyone keeps saying it.

Fabfairies: When you were going for the competition, how was the response from your family like??
Myever : They always support me in everything I do, so when I told them they were like if you want to, we'll support you.

Fabfairies : How did you feel when you were announced 2nd runner up EMLN??
Myever : I was a bit sad ,cos you know I wanted to win, but it was better than not even making it to top 3

Fabfairies : Was that what propelled you to go for Best Model Nigeria??
Myever : Well, a friend sent me a message about best model Nigeria and then I thought that I could make it since I'm experienced and I had faith and it worked out fine.

Fabfairies : So now that you are fully a model, what has the experience been like??
Myever : Awesome, interesting, fun, stressful.

Fabfairies : Who do you look up to in the modelling industry??
Myever: I look up to all the supermodels in Nigeria and outside, they all inspire me one way or the way

Fabfairies : What were the challenges you faced ever since you started modelling??
Myever : None yet, modeling has just been good to me all through.

Fabfairies : How has winning Best Model Nigeria added to your modelling career??
Myever : It has added to my profile as a model

Fabfairies : How do you keep fit??
Myever : I don't have a fit routine, my skinny stature is natural.

Fabfairies : What advice do you have for aspiring models??
Myever  : They all  should be determined and optimistic, they should never give up on their dreams.

Fabfairies; What jobs have you done??
Myever : I have done Lagos fashion and design week, Music meets Runway, Spice TV runway fiesta, Vlisco runway show ,done a look book for Ituen Basi, Toju Foyeh,  worked for Ndani TV and countless other jobs.

Fabfairies : Who are those people you consider as your backbone and inspiration?? Give them a shout out
Myever: The CEO Beth model management, Elohor Aisien,  she's amazing, God has always been the number one backbone and my dad, mum, brothers, sisters in law. I also want to thank model links international for this great opportunity.

Fabfairies : Thank you for your time.....
Myever: you welcome *hugs*

1 comment: